Market research shows that less than 5% of RV owners have RV storage space available at their home. Storage facilities today have recognized this need and, if you want additional amenities, facilities now offer much more than just an outdoor parking spot for you to store your RV. Self storage facilities offer indoor, climate controlled self storage units to accommodate the storage of any vehicle, whether it be storage for your RV, boat storage, classic car storage or any other type of vehicle.
If you choose to store your RV inside you will pay a little bit more but depending on what part of the country you live in, the cost of indoor storage can save you significant money on repairs & maintenance. Indoor storage can also help with retention of the value of your RV. Indoor RV storage is available with short and long term rental terms. If you prefer not to rent your storage unit there are more and more RV condominium type of storage facilities popping up around the country. These facilities offer storage garages for your RV that can be customized to your liking and some have amenities you have never imagined would be available at a self storage facility.
If indoor storage is not necessary or in your budget there are many different outdoor storage options available to you throughout the US as well. These outdoor RV storage options are normally a reserved parking spot within a secure, gated area. Before choosing an outdoor RV storage facility here are a few things for you to consider when making a decision on what facility to go with:
- Is the parking area paved or is it a gravel parking area? Paved parking makes finding your spot much easier and if it is rainy or snowy you will appreciate paved parking.
- Is the outdoor storage area secured by a gate or some other type of wall?
- How tall are the fences securing the parking area?
- Is there something at the top of the gate or wall to prevent someone from climbing over it?
- If the RV storage is adjacent to a self storage facility is there some kind of wall or fence separating the self storage units from the RV storage?
- Is the storage facility’s entrance secured by a gate?
- Does the storage facility have a security camera system?
- Are there any additional amenities you need like electrical hook-ups, fresh water hook-ups, a dump station or a wash area?
- Is there adequate lighting that automatically turns on at night?
- Is there ample room for you to access your RV while it is parked?
- Is there ample room for ingress to and egress from your parking area?
- How does the facility handle snow removal, where is the snow pushed to and when there is snow will you still have plenty of room to get in and out of your parking?
Every RV owner will want different amenities from their RV storage solution. Some will want the cheapest storage option available. You may be looking for a place to just park RV and it doesn’t matter if the parking spot is gated, secured, lit or anything else, just as long as you have a place to park your RV. Others will look for additional amenities like 24 hour access, paved parking, concrete walls and more. The answers to these questions will help you in determining the right price to pay for your outdoor RV parking spot and in differentiating between different options. When comparing RV storage options, or any self storage option, differences in price within the same market area is normally determined by the amenities you want.
If you are looking for a place to store your RV, USstoragesearch.com has more RV listings than any other place online. To begin your search for RV storage click here to see all of our member storage facilities that offer RV storage. If you are a RV storage operator who would like to have your RV storage location added to our directory please contact one of our representatives today by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nick Bilava at 1-866-880-0742.