With spring right around the corner, it’s time to declutter! If your garage or shed is filled to the brim, it’s your chance to get organized. Usually, the garage is filled with boxes, decorations, lawn care supplies, snow blowers, etc. The same goes for your shed. Take some time to apply these simple steps so you can have your garage or shed decluttered and organized in no time.
- Get rid of items you haven’t used. A good rule to follow is to get rid of items that you haven’t used in two years. If you haven’t used it recently, you most likely won’t use it again. Garage sale, anyone?
- Organize and label. Get in the habit of organizing your items in boxes and labeling. Labeling will let know exactly where your items are located.
- Know your space. As you declutter, empty everything out. This will help you see all of the space you have. That way, when you organize, you can utilize more garage space.
- Take advantage of cabinet space for smaller items. If you haven’t already, invest in cabinet space to help organize your hardware supplies, tools, and other smaller items.
Since you’re on your way to decluttering the garage, why not do the same to the shed? Because the shed is much smaller than the garage, decluttering is always a good idea. Having an organized shed will also allow you to use your shed space more efficiently.
- Get rid of items you haven’t used. Similar to the first step with your garage, get rid of things you don’t need.
- Organize your gardening tools and outdoor toys. Invest in some bins to help organize your shed. Keep the tools and kids’ toys separate.
- Invest in a self. Adding a self to any shed will be a lifesaver! Not only will you have more space, but you can also stay organized. Because sheds are usually smaller, the more organized space you have, the better!
- Add a few hooks. Adding hooks will allow you to hang items, like rakes and hoses, giving you more space where you need it most.
For more tips on decluttering and organizing your garage or shed, check out this article over at RealSimple.